Save up to 80% cloud storage cost
US Signal saved 80% on cloud storage costs with SoftNAS®
US Signal gained immediate benefit using SoftNAS as their preferred cloud storage NAS. To lead this effort Berant Lemmenes, R&D Engineer at US Signal made it possible to offer customers a high-performing, ﬂexible, scalable cloud NAS that helps US Signal meet pricing models and impacts our savings by more than 80% cloud storage costs.
- US Signal grew concerned about the technical limitations of its NAS solution.
- The existing NAS solution had replication and protocol limitations for their object-based OpenStack object storage.
Why SoftNAS for clod storage cost control
- Berant Lemmenes sought a solution that could easily communicate with S3 storage.
- The R&D Engineer needed a NAS solution that provides a high performance, ﬂexibility, and scalability.
- He wanted the offering to have both CIFS/NFS support.
- US Signal offers unmetered data transfer in and out of the storage array and seamless integration into their cloud hosting products or private WAN services.
- US Signal sells cloud storage to its customers who utilize SoftNAS transparently, both as a backup target and a general off-site NAS.
- Customers utilizing cloud storage can easily share ﬁles with colleagues, archive documents and securely store company data.
“With SoftNAS, our team was able to install and get running quickly. There were no significant integration challenges for the migration. With SoftNAS Cloud NAS, we found a storage virtual appliance that could present private hosted S3-compliant object storage with CIFS/NFS support.”
Berant Lemmenes, R&D Engineer, US Signal