Why Use SoftNAS Cloud NAS on AWS?
SoftNAS Enterprise and SoftNAS Essentials for AWS extend the native storage capabilities of AWS and feature the POSIX-compliant and required storage access protocols needed to create a virtual cloud NAS, without having to re-engineer existing customers’ applications.
SoftNAS products allow customers to migrate existing applications and data to AWS with NFS, CIFS/SMB, iSCSI or AFP support. Customers gain the performance, data protection, and flexibility needed to move to the cloud cost-effectively and ensure successful project outcomes (e.g., snapshots, rapid recovery, mirroring, cloning, high availability, deduplication, and compression).
Each customer’s journey to the cloud is unique and SoftNAS solutions are designed to facilitate adopting cloud projects according to what makes the most immediate business sense, resulting in the highest return on invested resources (budget, people, time). Whether your need is to consolidate file servers globally, utilize the cloud for data archival or backup, migrate SaaS and other business applications, or carry out Big Data or IoT projects, SoftNAS products on AWS deliver effective, tangible results.
When to use SoftNAS NAS versus Amazon EFS?
SoftNAS is a best-in-class software-defined, virtual, unified Cloud NAS/SAN storage solution for businesses that need control of their data and frictionless and agile access to AWS cloud storage. SoftNAS supports AWS EBS and S3 Object storage; SoftNAS is deployed by thousands of organizations worldwide, supporting a wide array of application and workload use cases. Amazon EFS provides basic and scalable file-based NFS access for use with Amazon EC2 instances in the AWS Cloud. As a basic NFS filer, Amazon EFS is easy to use, allowing quick and simple creation and configuration of file systems. The multi-tenant architecture of EFS accommodates elastic growth and scales up and down for AWS customers that require basic cloud file services.
If you need more than a basic cloud filer on AWS, SoftNAS NAS is the right choice:
- For mission-critical cloud data requirements that demand low latency, high-availability with the highest-performance cloud storage I/O possible.
- SoftNAS ObjectBacker™ increases storage I/O performance up to 400% faster, giving customers performance approaching that of EBS at the price of S3 storage.
- For environments with multiple cloud storage projects that require an enterprise-class, virtual NAS storage solution that provides flexible and granular pricing and control with performance and instance-selection capabilities.
- For customers with low cloud storage requirements (low TBs) that don’t want to overprovision storage to get desired performance.
- For requirements that demand the broadest POSIX-compliant and full NFS 4.1 feature set required storage access support.
- For enterprises requiring multi-cloud environment (i.e. AWS & Other Clouds) capabilities, flexibility and data risk mitigation.
- For organizations that need the industry’s most complete NAS filer feature set, including data protection provided by the patented cross-zone high availability architecture, at-rest and in-flight encryption (360-degree Encryption™) and full replication using SnapReplicate™. Additional features include: High Availability (SNAP HA™* and DCHA**), Snapshots, Rapid Recovery, Deduplication, Compression, Cloning, and Mirroring.
* = SNAP HA is available only in SoftNAS Enterprise and SoftNAS Platinum
** = DCHA is available as an optional add-on to SoftNAS Essentials via BYOL only
How and Why is SoftNAS Cloud NAS a Better Way to Store & Control Data?
Moving to SoftNAS on AWS is helping thousands of public organizations and private enterprises around the world move from the old way of controlling and efficiently utilizing data storage into a new and better way. Never-ending backups, storage capacity bottlenecks, the proliferation of file servers, existing applications preventing organizations from moving to the cloud due to complexity, and the spiraling data storage costs become a thing of the past.
SoftNAS Cloud NAS on AWS
Put SoftNAS to the Test and Try it for 30-Days. Contact a SoftNAS representative for more details and a demo to learn more about both SoftNAS products on AWS and the Beta of SoftNAS Platinum so that you make the right decision.