Docker Storage Solution
Persistent shared storage solution for Docker storage containers –
NFS, CIFS/SMB, iSCSI
SoftNAS Docker Storage Solution
For DevOps striving for continuous delivery of applications, SoftNAS Cloud NAS provides a simple, on-demand persistent shared storage solution for Docker storage containers.
SoftNAS is a software-defined Cloud NAS filer, delivered as a virtual storage appliance that provides enterprise-class NAS data protection capabilities, including high-availability (HA), scheduled snapshots, and SnapClones™ for regression testing of production data. SoftNAS runs in the AWS, Microsoft Azure, and VMware vSphere.
While Docker is a great tool that simplifies application development, on its own, Docker has some limitations when it comes to its ephemeral storage:
- If data is not stored in a volume, the data disappears when you delete the Docker container
- Docker cannot natively share volumes across multiple Docker hosts
With SoftNAS and Docker, you can:
- Share persistent storage between Docker containers and hosts
- Share snapshots of your data to S3 or elsewhere for use even after your Docker container has exited
Docker Storage Solution – Use Cases
SoftNAS makes it easy to spin instances up or down to create test platforms for agile application development. Use SoftNAS SnapReplicate™ to take minute-old snapshots of production data for real-world testing. Only pay for the storage that you use.
Innovation Projects for Non-Storage Admins
Creating a new way to do business and need a way to get your initiatives off the ground without dealing with internal IT politics? Use SoftNAS to cut through the red tape. SoftNAS is designed for use by IT Generalists–no prior storage training necessary.
Get high-speed, reliable cloud storage at affordable prices.
Buurst SoftNAS is a hybrid cloud data integration product, combining a software-defined, enterprise-class NAS virtual storage appliance, backups, and data movement; and data integration/replication for IT to manage and control data centrally. Customers save time and money while increasing efficiency.
SoftNAS Cloud NAS supports the following platforms:
- Cloud computing platforms such as Amazon EC2® and Microsoft® Azure™
- On-premise Computing Infrastructure such as VMware vSphere®
- Cost-effective storage solution for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
White Paper: Implementing SoftNAS with Docker (PDF)
Docker Persistent Storage on AWS (blog)
How to Build Docker Persistent Storage on AWS (slides)